Sunday, January 31, 2010

PROTEST PERMEATES GARY PETERS' PRECINCT

Below is a write-up in the Oakland Press on yesterday's Tea Party Protest in Gary Peter's neighborhood. As I was not present I can't vouch for the correctness on number of participants. It was interesting to me that the writer did not pick up on the fact that the Party organized the Tea Party and not one of the many grassroots groups.  But I voiced my opinion on that in my previous post.  Please take the time to read the comments at the end of this article because that gives us a much better idea where we are at as of right now.  Seems to me we have a lot of work to do, a lot of going door-to-door (organized by grassroots groups).  We'll never be able to deal with hard core progressives, but we need to educate all the independent voters that really don't have a clue.  I understand to some degree why some folks are like that, jobs, kids, problems in general keeps them from getting involved or interested in government policies.

By DAVE PHILLIPS

Of The Oakland Press

Going door-to-door in the neighborhood of U.S. Rep. Gary Peters, D-Bloomfield Township, organizers said a group of about 60 people handed out information and protested Peters’ stance on multiple issues Saturday morning.

Organized by Glenn Clark, chairman of the 9th congressional district for the Republican Party, the event also featured a speech from former state Rep. Jack Hoogendyk.

You can finish reading this article here: http://tinyurl.com/yh359gu

No comments:

Post a Comment