Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A HEARTFELT TRIBUTE TO OUR TROOPS

Thank you Rocky Raczkowski for your service to this country. Thank you for wanting to continue to serve.




Veterans Day Message from Rocky Raczkowski


"On my last tour of duty in Somalia, I can remember being asked by one of my men, 'Major, if you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?' And without hesitation, I said to him, 'home in Michigan.' I know that every man and woman in the service feels the same way. We love America, our home, and can't wait to get back.

"When I came home a couple of months ago, I was overjoyed to see family and friends but was saddened to see that America wasn't the same and that some of our boundless hope and optimism had been replaced by fear and worry, especially about the sagging economy and job losses.

"So, on this Veterans Day, as brave men and women make sacrifices for us in the most dangerous places in the world and dream about returning home, let's resolve to do everything in our power to make the America our troops come home to stronger, safer and more prosperous. Let's get our economy creating jobs again so that we can replace every 'for sale' sign with a 'help wanted' sign. That's the best tribute we can give to everyone who has ever proudly worn the uniform of the U.S. military. I welcome you to join me in getting the job done."

NOTE: Don't forget to RSVP for my special briefing on the Global War on Terror, Saturday, at 10:30 am in the Oakland County Commissioners' Auditorium, 1200 N. Telegraph, Pontiac. There are a few seats left so let me know if you are coming at veteransbriefing@gmail.com . Click here for more information.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. These men and woman are amazing people, and I pray they all come home safely. They're working for little pay and little respect from the administration...but true Americans admire them. Thank you to all people who have served in the armed forces and continue to keep our nation free today.

    ReplyDelete